...but I will return with new recipes next week! I'm planning on trying a vegan and gluten free recipe inspired by my mom who just made the transition from vegetarian to vegan. Also I have a lot of lemon curd in my freezer left over from of the reasons I haven't posted in a while so I'm going to make Poppy Seed Lemon Linzer Cookies.
So the past few weeks I did the dessert tables for two events!
The first was a bridal shower. Now, these weren't gluten free events but I did use recipes that I've either posted (and just did with all-purpose flour) or I did recipes that I do plan to make gluten free and post! The menu for this event was:
- Earl Grey Madeleines - a Jesicakes recipe that can be found here
- Almond Scented Vanilla Cake with Hazelnut Buttercream decorated with Vanilla Buttercream
- Honey, Lavender, & Lemon Petit Fours filled with Lemon Curd coated with Glaze
I also made the cake stands for the event by gluing together wooden candlesticks and wood plaques and painting them to match the color scheme of the cakes and the bridal shower.
The 6" cake with ruffled buttercream. I'll need to make a gluten free version of this because it's my favourite cake I make and the hazelnut buttercream inside was to die for.
The Earl Grey Madeleines dusted with powdered sugar.
The Petit Fours monogrammed with the couple's initials and damask swirls to match the bridal shower invitation.
The Bridal Shower was held in the Bergdoff Goodman restaurant, that's Central Park out the window.
The whole dessert table set up.
I also did a Minnie Mouse themed birthday party for my little cousin's 4th birthday! The menu for that was
- A two tiered Vanilla Cake filled with Fudge Frosting and decorated with Vanilla Buttercream
- The cake was decorated with little mini decorated cookies and topped with two giant Minnie Mouse decorated cookies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
- Decorated Sugar Cookie Pop party favors
Minnie Mouse Cookie Pop favors.
Ombre Ruffle Buttercream Detail.
Bows and Ruffles.
Cookie Topper Detail.
The dessert table.
Ready to sing Happy Birthday.
Justin and me at the party (okay not baking related but I really like this photo so I'm posting it!).
So I had been very busy doing all the baking and decorating for these events. And when I did the cookies for my cousin I had a tiny bit of leftover dough and made some cookies I've been wanting to make for a long time:
Doctor Who Cookies!!! Daleks, the TARDIS, and little catch phrase cookies. These were so fun to make and my favourite cookies I've made I think.
So look out later this week for at least one of those two recipes, possibly both!